- Produces immediate results
The traditional method
At the next examination this is repeated and the two descriptions compared. This method has been surprisingly good and has stood us in good stead for many years. So why change? Simply because a photograph gives a better record than a written description.
The advanced approach
At the next examination another photograph can be taken and compared side by side so that much smaller changes can be recognised, which could prove to be invaluable in monitoring the health and condition of your eyes.
Don't forget, if you are a ViP member, retinal photography is free for any dependants, and you as a member will receive the more advanced OCT imaging as standard!
The benefits of retinal photography
- A permanent and accurate record can be kept of the condition of your eyes
- Improved detection of early changes by comparing year on year
- Allows a more refined and accurate referral to a specialist if required
- Allows you to see what we see, to understand any changes taking place
- Greatly increased magnification means that changes too small to be seen using traditional methods can be detected
- Retinal photography can allow a more detailed check for glaucoma, diabetes, age related macular degeneration and other conditions
Retinal photography, Optomap® or OCT
We now recommend OCT scanning at all stores which is a more advanced method of retinal imaging. OCT scanning is included for ViP members.
¹Available at Eastbourne store only